Thursday, April 5, 2012

California Rolls


Hi everyone! I know I haven't posted in a while, but is not because I haven't cooked is just a time thing. I hope you have tried some of the easy recipes I posted before. Here is one that I'm so happy I learn how to make. I love eating califonia rolls and I'm not so happy about the price. LOL. I rather do it myself since I know it would cost me less than to make than to buy. The picture above is of the first ones I made myself. I will post a better one soon and maybe a video so you know don't get intimidated about the process. Hope you enjoy them :)

Ingredients:
  • Long white rice (I don't usually buy sushi rice so why bother)
  • Seaweed paper or Nori 
  • Cucumber
  • Avocado
  • Imitation crab
  • Soy Sauce  
  • Srriacha Hot Chili Sauce 

 Directions:

  1. Cook rice. Remember to alway have a 1:2 ratio. So for every cup of rice you need 2 cups of water. Once rice is cooked you need to wait until it cools down so you can make the california rolls
  2. Peel  cucumber and then cut into long strips about 1/2 inch.
  3. Cut avocado in half then into also about 1/2 inch strips.
  4. Set all your ingredients in front of you so you can make them more easily and you have everything on hand.
  5. Since I don't have a bamboo mat to roll I use a piece of wax paper. Cut about a foot of wax paper and then place a nori sheet with the shiny side down.
  6. Next you will need about 1.5-2 cups of rice. You will spread the rice evenly on top of the nori. Be careful not to tear the nori. I found it easier to spread the rice with a rubber spatula.
  7. Add a piece of cucumber, avocado, and crab meat on one side of the nori. 
  8. Now you are ready to roll. So you would need to be gentle but also need to add some pressure so the california rolls are tight.
  9. Once you are done rolling all you need to do is cut into 6-8 pieces. 
  10. Now you are ready to enjoy with soy sauce and if you like it to be spicy Srriacha Hot Chili Sauce.
If you are doing the daniel fast just don't add the imitation crab and add some carrots instead


No comments:

Post a Comment