Friday, April 27, 2012

Calabacitas Con Queso, Zucchini with Cheese

Did I mention that I have a few recipes I cook just for myself? Well this is one of them. My husband doesn't really care for zucchini so I cook this for lunch when he is not home. I love it because is healthy, very easy to make and very tasty.

Ingredients:

  • 1 Large Zucchini diced
  • 1 Anaheim Pepper Cubed 
  • 1/4 of Cup Chopped Onion
  • 1 Roma tomato, diced
  • 1 Cup of Frozen Corn or Canned
  • 1/2-1 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • 2 Tbs of Oil
  • 1/2 Cup of Water
Directions: 
  1. Heat up pan and add oil and peppers. Once they begin to soften add onions. Let onions become translucent.
  2. At this point you can add zucchini. If you have frozen corn you can add it at this point. 
  3. Let the zucchini cook for about 3-5 minutes since the frozen corn will bring down the heat.
  4. Now you can add the tomato and cook it for about a minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Add water and let it cook for another 5 minutes in a medium low heat. 
  6. Turn off the heat and sprinkle cheese on top. The heat will melt the cheese. 
If you are doing the Daniel fast you can just do not add the cheese and use olive oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment