Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lemon Butter Tilapia Fillet with Potatoes

Today when I was thinking of dinner I had in mind to make something very special for my kids and husband. I went to the store and saw this beautiful orange bell pepper. Immediately it caught my attention. I had the fish in the freezer so I just picked up the scallions and bell pepper and went home ready to prepare our meal. My oldest kids are very funny, as soon as I plated the food they sat down and started critiquing the food. They went over the textures and the flavors of the dish. LOL! I love them dearly and they know how much I enjoy making food for them. I hope your family also enjoys it.

Ingredients: 

  • 5 Tilapia Fillets
  • 4 White Potatoes
  • 1 Orange Bell Pepper
  • 1 bunch of Scallions
  • 2 Roma Tomatoes
  • 4 tbsp of Butter
  • 2 Small Lemons
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • Lemon Pepper 
Directions:
  1. Cut potatoes in 1/4 inch medallions. On a skillet add 2 tbsp of butter and place medallions. Season with salt and pepper. You are looking for a nice golden brown sear on both sides. 
  2. Chop tomatoes and bell pepper into triangles and scallions diagonally. Add juice from one lemon to pan and then add bell pepper. Once bell pepper is half way cooked add scallions and cook for minute or so before you add the tomato. Season with salt and pepper and set it aside.
  3. Once potatoes are done put them aside and on the same pan cook tilapia. Add remainder butter to pan. Season the fish with salt and lemon pepper. Once you flip fish for the first time add the juice of the lemon on top of the fish. Sear the fish on both sides.
  4. Time to build the dish. Place potatoes on the bottom. I made a flower shape then added some of the salsa on top before I placed the fish on the top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment