Thursday, September 1, 2011

Huevos Rancheros

I will try to post at least one video of a recipe a week. I'm still learning how to do it. I hope you enjoy this recipe. I love to make huevos rancheros like on a Saturday morning or a morning since we can sit down and enjoy our meal and have a nice conversation. I learned this recipe from my mom. This recipe takes me back to when I was a child in Mexico and my parents where in the kitchen singing and cooking breakfast for us. When I cook this recipe I hope to create the same wonderful memories with my children and maybe one day they would do the same with their children. The recipe is for two eggs only, but you can adjust for making more.

Ingredients:

  • 1 Green Bell Pepper
  • 1 Roma Tomato
  • 1/2 Small White Onion
  • 3/4 cup of Water
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 2 Eggs
  • 3 Corn Tortillas
  • Oil
Directions:
  1. Dice tomatoes, onions, and bell peppers.
  2. On a sauce pan add 2 tbsp of oil. Once pot is hot add bell peppers. 
  3. Add onions when you see that the bell peppers are getting soft and stir them.
  4. Onions will become translucent and that is when you will add the tomato. Season with salt and pepper at this point and add water.
  5. Once water starts boiling, reduce heat and simmer.
  6. While salsa is simmering, add oil to a pan to crisp tortillas. Make sure you don't leave them too long. 
  7. Repeat  step 6 until you are done with tortillas. Place them on a plate.
  8. Keep an eye on salsa. You don't want it to go dry. If you see the water has reduced to half, remove from heat.
  9. Fry eggs to your liking and season them. Place them on top of tortillas.
  10. Add salsa on top of tortillas. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment