Sunday, September 4, 2011

Chicken Alfredo

Today when we got out of church I was hungry. I asked the kids what they felt like eating. My oldest son said pasta. I know we couldn't afford going to eat at Olive Garden so I decided to cook their favorite meal at that restaurant, Chicken Alfredo. So we stopped at the store to pick up some chicken, fettuccine, and heavy cream. I came home and cranked the music and started working on lunch. Oh did I forget to mention that today was the first time I made Alfredo sauce from scratch? It came out great! The kids loved it and I know that I'll be making my own sauce whenever possible. Hope you try this recipe and enjoy sharing a great meal with your family.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of Heavy Cream
  • 1/4 cup Butter
  • 1-1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
  • 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley
  • 2 Garlic Cloves
  • 2 Chicken Breast fillet
  • 1 packet of Fettuccine
  • Salt and Pepper    to Taste
  • 2 tbsp of Butter
Directions:
  1. Put water to boil for the pasta. This would be the longest step. Waiting for the pot to boil and waiting for the pasta to cook. Don't forget to salt the water before you add pasta. 
  2. Fillet chicken breast thinly
  3. In a large pan heat 2 tbsp of butter and add one garlic clove. Then add chicken fillet to pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook the reminder chicken and set it aside.
  4. Clean the pan and now add butter and heavy cream. You can either chop the garlic clove and add it or you can add it whole. Once it starts to boil add cheese, pepper, and parsley. Stir and lower the heat. 
  5. Place chicken in the Alfredo Sauce.
  6. Drain pasta well and then add to sauce. Toss pasta in sauce and enjoy. :)
You can enjoy this with a Caesar salad and some garlic bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment