Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Spaghetti

I don't know about you, but I have a few recipes that I make when I know my husband won't be joining us for dinner. I know it sounds kind of mean, but there are foods that he doesn't really care about. However, the kids love some of them. One of these recipes is the classic spaghetti. I think everyone probably knows how to make spaghetti, but I will post it since is something we ate. I forgot to mention that this recipe is very good for when you are on a budget. I usually save half of the beef so i can use it the next day for another recipe. So this recipe should cost you at the most $5!

Ingredients:
  • 1 box of spaghetti (I actually like vermicelli better)
  • 1 jar of your favorite Spaghetti Sauce
  • 3 tbsp of Butter
  • 1 clove of minced Garlic
  • 3/4 lbs of Ground Beef
  • Salt
  • Water
Directions:
  1. In a large pot put water to boil and add salt. Add pasta and cook for about 5 minutes for vermicelli 8 for spaghetti.
  2. Brown ground beef in a skillet along with garlic. Salt to taste.
  3. Once beef is cook add spaghetti sauce and simmer it over a low heat for a few minutes.
  4. Once pasta is ready, drain well, and put it back on pot along with butter. Mix well so butter will coat the pasta. This will help the pasta not to stick together.
  5. Now is time to serve. Place some pasta on the plate, then add spaghetti sauce on top. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment