Thursday, August 25, 2011

Orange Chicken



Today I woke up feeling much better. Yesterday I didn't feel like blogging since I was feeling sick. I did cook for the family, but just wasn't up for it. Since I was feeling better I decided to make something I know the kids love, Orange Chicken! It does takes a little longer than the other meals that I have posted but I think is worth it. Specially if you have a big family like me. Getting take out can get pretty expensive. So here is my take on orange chicken. I hope you like it. 


Ingredients:

  • 3.5 lb    Chicken Tenders or Boneless Chicken Breast 
  • 1 lg       Egg
  • 1/2 cup    Corn Starch
  • 1/2 cup   All Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 cup    Water                   
  • 3 cups    Oil
  • 1-1/2 cup    Panda Express Orange Chicken Sauce
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste


Directions:

  1. Cut chicken in 1 inch cubes.
  2. Beat Egg in a bowl, then add corn starch, flour, water, salt and pepper and beat well. You want a nice smooth batter.
  3. Put all chicken in the batter and stir it to make sure is coated evenly. 
  4. Heat up oil in sauce pan. Test how hot oil is by putting a bit of the batter in the oil. Is ready when you drop batter and you see lots of bubbles and comes right to the surface. 
  5. Once oil is ready, put a few pieces of chicken at a time. Chicken piece should get a nice golden brown color. Once it does take it out and place it on paper towels to drain excess oil. 
  6. Repeat step 5 until you are done with all chicken.
  7. On a skillet add the Panda Express Orange Chicken Sauce and once it starts boiling add chicken. Stir well so the sauce coats the chicken evenly. 
  8. Serve with Rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment