Monday, August 22, 2011

Easy Cheese Enchiladas

Dinner time came and I wasn't sure what I wanted so I asked my husband what he felt like eating. He didn't know either. So I kept throwing name of different dishes until cheese enchiladas came up and his face light up. So I went to the local store and bought some cheese and the enchilada sauce (I was feeling a little lazy to make my own). So I hope you find this recipe easy to make. The few ingredients makes this a perfect recipe for when you are on a budget. I spent $8 total for all ingredients, maybe even less!

Ingredients:
1 lb Fresh Cheese
1/2 medium White Onion
6 cups Shredded Lettuce
16 Corn Tortillas
Oil
1-28 oz Enchilada Sauce Can
Sour Cream

Directions:
Grate fresh cheese and set aside. Finely chop the white onion and also set aside. Shred lettuce and rinse and leave it on colander to make sure all the water is drained. On a sauce pan drain the enchilada sauce and put it to boil while you get the tortillas ready. I used Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce mild. On a pan add some oil so you can fry them for maybe 10 seconds on each side once the oil is hot. If the oil is too hot reduce the time. Now you have everything ready to assemble the enchiladas. Dip tortilla in the enchilada sauce, then put on a plate. Add about 1 once of cheese then about a tbsp of onion to the tortilla. Roll it up and set on a plate. Repeat that until you are done rolling all 16 tortillas. Then top it off with lettuce, cheese, onions, and a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy :)

Serves 4 people, 4 enchiladas each.

No comments:

Post a Comment