Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Beef Tostadas

As you know, I love cooking and since is 6 of us I cook for I have to watch out budget. Yesterday I made spaghetti and only used half of the beef that came in the package. The other half I saved so I could cook another meal. Today as I was trying to figure out dinner I noticed I was missing a few ingredients for what I wanted to cook and felt a bit lazy to go to the store to get them. So I put my thinking cap on and looked at what I had in the fridge and the pantry. I came up with beef tostadas. I usually make tostadas with shredded beef, but I thought this would be great for dinner. I was right, the kids loved them. Plus this helped me take care of two left overs I had, the beans and the beef. Hope you enjoy this easy recipe.

Ingredients:

  • 1-1/2 cups of Refried Beans
  • 3/4 lbs Ground Beef
  • 3 cups of shredded Lettuce
  • 2 diced Roma Tomatoes
  • 12-14 Tortillas Tostadas 
  • Sour Cream 
  • Salsa
  • Shredded fresh Cheese
Directions:
  1. If you don't already have the beef prepare. Brown ground beef with a garlic clove and drain excess fat. 
  2. Heat refried beans. 
  3. Chop all you vegetables and shred cheese.
  4. If you want to add salsa and sour cream, you can either put them on while you are building the tostada or you can place on the table for everyone to put as much as they would like.
  5. Time to build your tostada. If you are putting sour cream- grab one of the tostadas then spread about 1 tbsp of sour cream.
  6. Then add about 1-1/2 tbsp of refried beans and top it with ground beef. 
  7. Now if you want every bite to have some cheese you can add cheese now or you can just sprinkle it on top at the end.
  8. Add shredded lettuce and tomatoes.
  9. You can top your tostada with some salsa, cheese, or sour cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment