Wednesday, August 17, 2011

BBQ Chicken with Red Potato Salad


Today I had a very interesting day, my mother in law came over at the same time I had to get ready to go to my job interview. It was a bit of a chaotic mess since she was using the computer in my room while I was trying to get ready. But, things went as planned and I make it to the interview. Hopefully they liked me and I get the job. On my way home from the interview I started thinking of what to make for dinner. I wanted to eat something different that we haven't had in a while and voila! BBQ chicken with red potato salad came to mind. Hope you enjoy this recipe as my family did.

Ingredients:
1 bottle of you favorite BBQ sauce
2 lbs Chicken thighs
8 small Red Potatoes
3 hard boiled Eggs
1 bunch of Scallions
1/2 a Pickle
1/3 cup Mayo
3 tbsp yellow Mustard
1 canned Jalapeno
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
Start by putting the potatoes to boil since they are going to take almost as long as the chicken. Then fire up the grill and put it on low to medium otherwise you will burn the chicken. Trim any excess fat from the chicken and add salt before putting on the grill. Next put the 3 eggs to boil. A very easy way to boil eggs to perfection is to put them in a pot, add water and make sure that they are not overcrowded. Once you see a rolling boil then you turn it off and wait 10 minutes and voila perfect boil eggs. Next chop scallions and a little bit of jalapeno and pickle and put in the container where you later will add the big chucks of potatoes. Check on the chicken and turn it so it can cook on both sides. Once the eggs are done peel them and dice them in small pieces and add them to the scallions. Very important to not overcook the potatoes so they won't turn into mashed mess. Take them out and rinse them in cold water or a container with water and ice to shock them and stop the cooking process. Then I chop them into 8 pieces and put them with the scallions. By this time you need to take out the chicken out of the grill and add the BBQ sauce. I find it easier to turn off two of my burners and let just one on so the chicken can cook with the BBQ without burning. Leave on the grill for another 5-10 minutes. During this time you can finish up the potato salad by adding mayo, mustard, salt and pepper to taste.

A simple recipe with stuff you most likely would have in your refrigerator or very inexpensive to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment